People are very enthusiastic to watch videos on bigger screens like projectors. But the very irritating thing, when you are doing fun, is the noise, created by them. When there is a scene that is quite tense and you have to enjoy, but due to the noise that is whirring you could not. Then, a question arises, why is my skylight projector making noise? Your projector might be having the following problems
· Might be your projector does not keep good quality.
· It is also expected that it could be getting old.
· The projector is placed at the wrong location.
· There could be another reason that is creating noise.
· Last but not least might be your projector is set at a high power setting.
You can get help from the above-given points to understand the situation of disgusting noise. Yet if you dive into the details of learning why your skylight projector is making noise, read all the captions below.
The projector is pretty noisy:
When the projectors are being used the whole day, they will definitely become hot and need the fans to become at a cool temperature. By this, the spinning blades, as well as motors, will create a noise that also irritates a lot. It has several factors (that will be discussed in detail below) that how long or loudly they work during running.
1. Projectors have the best quality:
The projectors are available in both low as well as high qualities but they are more expensive. The projectors that are less in cost will have low quality whereas the rates of the higher quality projectors are also not much cheap. Because the time by such projectors is taken much and for manufacturing, designing, more resources are used. The material that is used for the productivity of projectors is highly-costed. Therefore, they do their job best.
But the fact is that such projectors that are made with high-quality material produce heat at low temperatures. And the fans might also function at the lower settings. This will help the projector to run with silence or quieter.
2. Projector’s age:
Sometimes people get worried about one thing and that is why is my skylight projector making noise? It could be your own fault if you buy the projector of the wrong quality. Or it might be the age of your projector that creates the noise. Because the old-age projector will definitely influence the noise level of your projector. If your projector is older, more noise will be created. But the following things can help you to set your projector’s nose clear.
· The outdated technology: Yes this feature has made it possible to recover your projector’s noise. And this could have only happened through the fans or such components that produce heat.
· Wear and tear: when a projector would have an older age or if its life is near an end. But when the dust enters into the projector, it causes them to get hot and the fans run more frequently which is also dangerous. Plus, it creates more noise and it disturbs a lot.
But there is a rare chance that the projectors would get damaged or make a loud noise if you don’t care for them properly. Of course, the life of the projectors won’t be endless if you take good care.
3. Might be there is a fault with the projectors:
The projectors are the best things that entertain you with their high-quality setting and amazing sound system. But sometimes they immediately get damaged and start giving a loud noise.
[Learn about the steps to make a projector quieter]
That becomes very difficult to tackle the harsh noise. If your projector is very new and freshly bought and it instantly starts becoming noisy within days, then there will be something wrong with the projector. There must be some problem with its manufacturing.
Moreover, the fans are also included in the noise problems because if they get hot, then they become noisy. Following are some signs of the trouble of the fans that will definitely help you,
· Overheating of the projector or turning it off directly.
· The harsh noises start coming from the projector’s fans.
· Most probably the fans stop working i.e they can’t run properly.
· Fans’ running becomes high i.e they do not stop.
Overall, it won’t be your tension about buying the whole projector. Because you would have only to replace the fans. Moreover, there will be a proper warranty for the new replacing fans.
see also: Miroir projectors
4. Location of the projector:
While a projector is on and you are having the greatest trouble in hearing the noise, then there must be a problem with the location of a projector. It is going to make a huge difference when you are experiencing the use of the projector. It causes the projector to become immediately hot when it is quite close to making the noises. You will get the answer to your question, why is my skylight projector making a noise? Here some guidelines have been put together for your ease to place your projector at the right place. Let’s have a look below at these useful features,
· Choose a proper place that is exactly behind the seating area. It will definitely stop the fans to make a noise harshly. The further you put the projector, the lower irritating noise you will hear coming from it. Just above the seating, the home theaters are set. Keep 6 feet away from where you are sitting for watching the projectors.
· The best place to keep the projector is that room which does not get too warm or there is no way of entering the sunlight. The projectors do not let themselves keep the temperature normal. But if a room has a temperature of 95%, then it would be harder for a projector to keep itself at a reasonable temperature. So the complete control of the temperature in a room will give you the best experience of hearing your favorite movies. It will give you enjoyment just like the theatres.
5.The setting of the projector at high power:
Some projectors come with a variety of settings but if you feel any disturbance in the projectors, then you need to do the ECO setting. This exactly varies the settings depending on the demand of the projectors. Plus, if you expect to reduce the fan’s noise or power as well required by reducing the brightness of a bulb. Many people who do complain of having some troubles with their projectors, must try the above detail to get rid of all these situations.
Fans are necessary for the projector:
As the TVs n PCs must require some cooling to do optimal performance, the projector too. Today’s technology has become modern now that it continues to introduce new components that make the fans less noisy. They produce the lowest sound as in the past it used to happen. Plus, there is still a possibility remains that might be your projector will get heated if the fans do not work properly. Before, buying the projector, you must have a look at its manufacturing. You should be aware of whether the fans or other components are working perfectly or not. They are making the sound as you require or there is having some trouble with them.
This might happen when you are using speakers that have a bad wire or bad system of connection. So, the interferences occur, usually when you are trying to connect such speakers that are of poor quality. This causes the projector to make a noise or crackling of a projector. There is another reason for having such disturbances and that is the surroundings. Must make sure that there is nothing, like other devices, is lying near the speakers because they also become the cause of the disturbance. So, maybe it is the best answer to your question, why is my skylight projector making noise?
Keep your projector always clean:
The dust and dirt get entered in the vents of the projector or it builds upon the outside of them. If you do not clean them properly, then the dust will definitely coat the electronics inside of the projects. This will result in a high excess of heat build-up. Plus, it will lead your projector to make louder noises just because of the hard work of the fans. Following is the process of cleaning the projectors:
· Firstly, turn off the projector and then unplug it.
· The cables that are connected with your projector, must unplug them as well.
· Use a soft cloth, like microfiber to wipe out the dust.
· If there you find such stubborn stains or spots that do not remove with this cloth, then start using a damp cloth. If it does not work as well then use a gentle detergent.
· To remove the dust from the vents, use a soft brush attached to a vacuum.
· Again plugin everything with the projector and now you will have a great hearing. Plus, your projector will be running faster than before.
You won’t need to clean your projector twice or thrice in a week, but you will have to look at the vents in a month only to clean them properly.
The projector should be turned off immediately:
When you are not using the projector, try to switch off them instantly. Because they get hot when they are not being used. Turning off the projector will let them cool and do not affect anything. But if you plan to watch it again within half an hour, then it is worth it. But, if you let them shut down for giving the break to the projectors.
If your projector has a set of turning off automatically, then set it on these settings. This could immediately get switched off when you do not need them and you are not thinking of doing this. This can save your projector from making a noise.
Is this noise a great problem for you?
The irritating noise can be harmful to those persons who have the problem of the ear. If you are not from those people then, it will be fine for you. Or if the fans’ noise does not bother you and or interrupt your voice experience, then there is no need to do anything about your projector. But, if you think, why is my skylight projector making noise? You must try to follow the upper rules and regulations to make your projector perfect.
In fact, there won’t be any harm to the noise of the fans because it means that your fans are working well. They are performing their job and giving you the best experience of viewing. But the constant running of the fans may cause overheating and you must require to do some change. Anyway, the noise of the fan simply means that they are working as they should.
The fans’ replacement
If you think, why is my skylight projector making noise? It means that your projector now needs proper care, like the replacement of fans. They might be not working well because of the old model. Then you do not need to get the whole projector. Rather than you can only replace the fans. Yes, many manufacturers are making replacement parts. So, try to get them and make sure to replace the fans.
If you consider yourself a master in electronics work then, might be you can easily change the setting of the fans without any tension. But if you are not then, ask any company to do you a favor.